WIWI is back!

After a three season hiatus, Team MAX 1071 is excited to be holding the Where is Wolcott Invitational once again. On June 10th, 2023 we'll welcome teams to Wolcott High School for a day of robot fun-if you can find it. Here's an overview.

Event Overview

Our annual Where Is Wolcott Invitational will be held on June 10th, 2023! The price to enter is $250, and we’ll permit 26 teams to sign up. WIWI is held at Wolcott High School, at 457 Boundline Road in Wolcott, CT.

About the Event

Here at WIWI, we run the event with one thought in mind: to try and give individuals an experience that they didn't get at district events. We know many teams come to WIWI with new drive team members and students in new roles. Because of this, we follow most written game and event rules. With all of this in mind, there are a few things unique to WIWI.

Mentor Robot

Team 666, the Tormentors, is a team for the mentors, complete with a robot and matches. As a mentor, you can sign up for a match with your actual team, or-even better-you can sign up for a match against your team. Essentially, as a mentor, you have the opportunity to be on the drive team for a match.

Guest Game Announcer

Think you have what it takes to be the emcee or game announcer? All you have to do is sign up and you can work alongside our experienced volunteers to be the emcee or game announcer for a match (or two. There will be sign ups for every 4th match.

Slime a Mentor!

At the last WIWI (it seems like so long ago), we had a lot of fun letting all of you pick which Team MAX mentor gets slimed. It was so much fun that we decided to do it again! This time, though, we want to slime one of YOUR mentors!

Here's how it'll work.

• Teams attending WIWI can nominate one mentor to be slimed. That mentor does have to give their consent.

• When we have names from every team that wants to participate, everyone votes for what mentor is going to get slimed by buying votes online.

• At WIWI we will slime the nominee with the most votes during lunch time.

• The team that nominated that mentor will get 70% of the proceeds generated from the sale of all of the votes, the other 30% going to Team MAX.

• Team MAX will supply the slime.

Pre-Rookie Teams

WIWI provides a meaningful experience for schools that are not (yet) part of the FRC family. This is only possible through your help. If we have a brand new rookie team (or two) we will be looking for teams that can provide a robot to drive along with some student/mentor help. In years past this was done by:

• Volunteering a back up robot and providing some students to show how to run it

• Volunteering your actual robot in a situation where your team cannot attend the event

We can't wait to see you at WIWI!